Cleaning your windows makes your home look beautiful, but did you know having clean windows can improve energy efficiency? When you begin spring cleaning, the inside of your home is often the first thing that a homeowner starts with; maybe you’ve decided gutter cleaning will be next. This spring, choose to make your windows a priority for the benefits of both energy efficiency and curb appeal.
Curb Appeal Power Clean offers the best window cleaning in Los Angeles and makes every window sparkling clean.
Your Windows Affect Energy Efficiency
According to the Department of Energy, windows create heat losses and gains that relate to 25 to 30 percent of energy usage. The HVAC system works harder to make your home the temperature you want, resulting in higher energy bills and decreasing the system’s lifespan. Therefore, taking measures to keep your windows clean is so important.
Clean, clear windows will improve energy efficiency. You’ll save more money and energy when you invest in the care of your windows.
Ways to Increase Window Energy Efficiency
Although cleaning your windows this spring will help your home’s appearance, cleanliness, and energy efficiency, taking further action to increase efficiency can help even more.
Consider these methods:
- Fall Window Washing: Clean and power wash your windows routinely during the fall season as well as the springtime. Give them a thorough cleaning in the fall as well. This autumn maintenance will provide your home with more warmth as the weather turns chilly.
- Seal Gaps: Check every window before cleaning to ensure each is adequately sealed. Remove damaged or cracked sealant and apply new caulking to prevent gaps.
- Clear Debris from Cracks: If you have double-hung windows or windows with a casement, take great care in cleaning all parts involved, such as tracks that hide debris. Windows will not close tightly with trapped dirt, allowing air to leak through.
- Replace Damaged Windows: Older windows need replacing at some point. If your windows are damaged, in rough shape, and aren’t doing what they should, it’s time to change them.
When picking out new windows, ask about energy-efficient options, like storm windows, that help prevent air leaks. You can upgrade the style of your home at the same time.
- Install Window Coverings: Insulated curtains or window blinds are a great way to boost energy efficiency. They combat the heat in the blazing summer months by trapping it. Window coverings ensure that your home will not have dramatic temperature increases; plus, they are a great way to redecorate!
Window cleaning in Los Angeles is easy and affordable with Curb Appeal Power Clean.
Get Professional Window Cleaning in Los Angeles
At Curb Appeal Power Clean, we’ve mastered the art of window cleaning and have spent many years offering the best service to clients in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas. Our window washing services will boost energy efficiency and clean your windows properly.
Let us be your preferred window cleaning service team. Call us at 818-964-1054 to schedule an appointment!